Hughes STEM LSDMC (Local School Decision Making Committee)
The Local Decision-Making Committee is the primary governing body for Hughes High School.
Hughes LSDMC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Approve by-laws for the LSDMC to be submitted to CPS by Monday, November 3, 2014.
- Secure membership of parents, community members, teaching and non-teaching staffstudents, and Partner-in-Education and submit roster to CPS by September 10.
- Support the school's transformation to a Community Learning Center. LSDMC recommends the lead agency, resource coordination, afterschool, health, mental healthand other support services.
- Assess the needs of your school by reviewing the State Report Card.
- Develop a vision and mission statement for your school.
- Set goals for the school consistent with the district strategic plan and based upon your needs assessment of your school.
- Develop OIP to implement goals and measure progress.
- Monitor ongoing progress including academic performance through reports from principal and staff.
- Complete progress report on goals at mid-year and end of school year.
- Submit to annual evaluation and rating of the LSDMCâ€™s performance as a group
- Approve the school budget and seek additional resources as needed.
- Review the overall school team plans and concur with the school community's request for exemption from the prevailing team organization. Approve any proposed school day schedule changes.
- Approve any locally initiated change in school program or focus, e.g. neighborhood to magnet, new curriculum, and uniforms.
- Participate in the principal selection process. Make recommendations to the principal on other issues.
- Act on requests from groups and committees in the school community and report back to constituent groups.
- Participate in district-sponsored LSDMC training
LSDMC Meeting Agendas
Meetings are held the first Monday of every month at the Hughes Innovation Lab