The Vision of Hughes STEM High School is to be the premier STEM Career Technical high school in the country that empowers all students to achieve at their highest potential implements high quality STEM-focused curriculum and supports teacher leadership.
Our mission is to create a 21st century learning community that will support, challenge, and empower students to become college-ready, engaged citizens and life long learners through an integrated STEM and liberal arts curriculum.
- Courage: We value the willingness to take risks, handle the unfamiliar, lead in the right direction and be individuals.
- Respect: We respect ourselves, others, the environment, and community through our words, actions and attitude.
- Empathy: We value the ability to understand the experiences and feelings of others and to respond in a caring way.
- Desire: We value bringing energy and commitment to explore, to learn, and to question for a deeper understanding.
- Integrity: We value doing what is right, even when no one is looking.
- Teamwork: We value the skills of collaboration and learning to work together to achieve common goals.