Hughes STEM is a Cincinnati Public Schools Community Learning Center. For addtional information on partnerships, contact the Hughes CLC Resource Coordinator.
- School Based Health Clinic (Partnership with Children's Hospital)
- Hughes Community Learning Center (Partnership with the University of Cincinnati) offers students a variety of after school activities, tutoring and other supports through After Hours in the Tower.
Members of the Cincinnati STEM partnership include:
- StrivePartnership is a partnership comprised of leaders from the education, business, philanthropic, nonprofit, civic, and faith communities who believe in the importance of education and the impact of working together to change the system of education for every child, from cradle to career.
- Cincinnati Public Schools, the "My Tomorrow Initiative" and Advisory are helping Hughes STEM to prepare students for future careers, post-secondary opportunities and making real world connections.
- BECC - My Tomorrow is all about career-readiness: Preparing students for the careers of today and getting them ready to take ownership of the careers of tomorrow. To further this critical mission, CPS has partnered with the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Action Team to create the Business-Education Connectivity Council (BECC). BECC provides many career based opportunities to students grades 9-12.
- The University of Cincinnati
- UC Scholars Progam, fueled by a White House initiative to prepare more students for college and its own diversity mission, the University of Cincinnati Scholars Academy with Hughes STEM High School immerses students in science, technology, engineering and math with the eventual goal of college readiness.
- UC IT partnered with the Chief Diversity Officer, CECH and Hughes STEM High school launched the ShareIT development program for future innovators, engineers, coders and leaders. Hughes students receive a variety of industry skills including App Development, Web Development and Programming, Robotics, Game Design and Multimedia. ShareIT is a mentor rich interactive program for students at Hughes and provides a means of promoting STEM programs and establishing early relationships with potential college students. It is opening doors to future careers.
- College of Nursing Leadership 2.0 Pipeline Intiative: "In order for tomorrow’s health care workforce to mirror the local population, it is critical that we foster the success of local talent,” says Greer Glazer, RN, PhD, dean of the UC College of Nursing. "We’re proud to partner with Hughes STEM and all of our partner schools to retain future health care leaders in the Cincinnati community.” "This program isn’t just about getting more individuals interested in pursuing a health care career,” Glazer says. "It’s about getting a diverse pool of students with leadership potential into the field in order to positively impact patient and community care.”
- Cincinnati State Technical and Community College - College Credit Plus & "Be Great High Schools Grant"
- Greater Cincinnati Tech Prep Consortsium
- The Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Gardens - Check out our Zoo Plant & Animal Sciences Pathway
- The Cincinnati Youth Collaborative: CYC Services at Hughes STEM include: Mentoring, College Readiness and Success, Career Preparation and School-Community Partnerships
- United Way Speed Mentoring program gave over 200 juniors and seniors the opportunity to discuss career options and ask over 200 mentors about their professional experiences to help better prepare them for their next steps after high school graduation.
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital serves Hughes students through the Hughes STEM School-Based Health Center (SBHC) which offers primary pediatric care for children from birth through adolescence, whether your child is sick, needs shots or just a check-up. To sign up for services, visit our School-Based Health Center page on our website for directions.