Hughes STEM Summer Homework for 2017 (Grades 7-9)
**All summer homework for each grade 7-12 for the 2017-18 school year is also posted in Schoology. Students just need to login to Schoology and select the STEM Summer Homework 17-18: Section 1 from the Courses drop down menu. DON'T wait until the last minute to begin. Start now and work consistently a few hours each week and you will be finished before you know it!
On behalf of the Hughes 7th grade staff, we would like to welcome all new incoming 7th grade students to Hughes STEM High School. We have some exciting plans in store for you next year and would like to share the start of those plans - summer homework. We believe in the value of summer homework to help our incoming 7th grade students to be more successful in our core & STEM AA classes next year. Download the 2017-Summer HW Packet for the Class of 2023. Follow the directions and have fun. Remember, don't wait until last minute.
Congratulations you made it to the 8th grade!!! In order to insure you are growing as a student it is important that you take these assignments seriously. Summer Homework is important because it keeps your brain engaged and sharp over the long summer break. In order to be the best you have to prepare. Download the 8th Grade Summer Homework Packet for 17-18 school year. Open the packet, read the directions and have fun. Remember, don't wait until last minute.
If you don’t use it, you loose it! Research shows that this is true when it comes to learning and thinking. In order for all of the new Hughes STEM High School students to maintain their skills over the summer, all 9th graders must complete a Hughes STEM Summer Homework assignment. This will be the first work that you will be completing as a high school student. So give it your attention and your best effort.
Goals for 9th Grade Summer Homework
The activities or assignments that you will complete along with your reading are designed to do four things:
- Keep you reading and thinking over the summer
- Help you improve your organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Introduce you to a part of the school culture that will be a vital part of Hughes STEM
- Allow you do your initial STEM type of work with a very student‐friendly assignment
Download the Seven Habits of Highly Effective Teens Summer Homework PDF Packet to open a copy of the 9th grade summer homework.
Summer Homework for grade 10 is uploaded into the CPS Schoology site. Students should log in using their Hughes Schoology username and password. (Same username and password they used all year). From the Course drop down menu, students should select STEM Summer Homework 17-18: Section 1. Click on the 10th grade folder and begin.
Career Tech Pathway Summer Homework Grades 11 & 12:
All Summer Homework for the Zoo Academy, Programming & Software Development, Health & Biosciences and Engineering for grades 11 and 12 are posted in Schoology. Students need to log into Schoology, click on Courses from the blue menu bar. From the drop down, select: STEM Summer Homework 17-18: Section 1. Click on your team/pathway/grade level folder to find the assignments for your team/pathway.
- All Current Hughes STEM students:
- Have a login account to CPS Schoology site
- They should know their user name and password
- They need to login into CPS Schoology website with their username and password
- If the students have a problem logging into Schoology, they should contact the CPS Help Desk for assistance at 513-363-0390, select option 1
- Students who are NEW to Hughes but NOT new to the district:
- Have a login account to the CPS Schoology site
- They need to login into the CPS Schoology website with their username and password
- Select Courses from the blue menu bar and click the Join button in the lower left hand corner of the drop down menu. Type in the following access code ZSBD8-82QBB when prompted to join the course. The Summer Homework 17-18: Section 1 course should then appear in the drop down list of courses
- If the students have a problem logging into Schoology they should contact the CPS Help Desk for assistance at 513-363-0390, select option 1
- If you are NEW to the district you need to:
- Go to Schoology.com. (not the CPS schoology site)
- Click Sign Up in the upper right hand corner and choose student to create a schoology account
- Enter the access code ZSBD8-82QBB (for the Hughes Summer Homework course) and click continue
- Complete the sign up information using a personal email address and password for the account
- Click register when finished
- Again for students NEW to the district, you will go to Schoology.com for the summer to access summer homework.
- Click the appropriate pathway folder and begin your work.