Hughes STEM High School has two school counselors to support students and staff:
- Angie Smith – Grades 7 – 9
- Lee Hardaway – Grades 10 – 12
The Hughes counselors are advocates for our students. They work with teachers, parents, other support professionals and administrators to:
- Deliver academic, career and personal/social skills
- Provide interventions to help you as you grow and develop
Our counselors do this by:
- Visiting classrooms
- Meeting with students individually
- Responding to students’ needs
Location and Hours
The office is located in Room 2105.
Office hours are:
- Mr. Hardaway: 10:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
- Ms. Brooks: 12:00 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.
Students are welcome to drop in during office hours. If they need to visit outside of office hours, they must have a pass from a teacher.
You can reach the counselors at:
Mission and Vision
The counselors at Hughes STEM High School are dedicated to supporting every student to achieve their highest academic and career potential, personal and social growth, and overall wellness.
We envision a community of empowered, well-rounded individuals that are college and career ready, engaged in the community and empowered to lead their generation in the science, technology, engineering and math disciplines.
We believe that every student can learn and, when equipped with the proper tools, can flourish beyond his or her own limitations.